Some News & Notes from Sabres Town:
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News has posted his latest notes from the team:
- Goaltender Robin Lehner is coming off a great road trip, posting a .940 save percentage while the team went 1-0-2. The overall performance of the team still weighs heavy on Lehner though “I’m just kind of disappointed,” he said in KeyBank Center. “We’re working hard. We’re trying to turn things around, and they’re big points for us. Obviously, the points are big, but just the emotion of winning right now is such a boost. When we win a game, it feels so good right now.
- Defenseman Nathan Beaulieu is back at practice after battling the flu, and losing more weight than he’d like to admit “It knocked me out pretty good, hit me really hard. I’ve never been hit by that before. … I did everything I could to get back. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. The guys did a great job, and hopefully I’ll be out there soon.”
- Jacob Jesefson remains out with an ankle injury, and head coach Phil Housley updating Vogl on his condition “He’s still week-to-week,” coach Phil Housley said. “It’s good to see him out there moving his feet and turning hard, cutting hard on his lower body. It’s going to be a progression for him, but we’ve got to be smart because of his injury.”
- Ian Ott from the Sabres PER department with this interesting tweet
- The last time the Bills and Sabres were both involved in Overtime games on the same day was January 3, 1993 – the day of the infamous Bills/Oilers comeback game. The Sabres beat the Blues 6 – 5 in OT that day.